Ontario Eligible Investors
Eligible investors include individuals whose net assets:
- alone or with a spouse exceed $400,000 or
- whose net income before taxes exceeded $75,000 (or, if combined with that of a spouse, exceeded $125,000) in each of the 2 most recent calendar years and who reasonably expect to exceed that income level in the current calendar year.
Additional investment limits applying to individuals (other than those qualifying as accredited investor or under the family, friends and business associates exemption).
- A $10,000 investment limit per 12 month period for non-eligible investors
- A $30,000 investment limit per 12 month period for eligible investors
- A $100,000 investment limit per 12 month period for eligible investors receive advice from an exempt market dealer, portfolio manager or investment dealer confirming the investment above $30,000 is suitable